Monday, January 28, 2008

Kennedy passes "Treasured Covenant" to Obama

I am convinced we can reach our goals only if we are "not petty when our cause is so great"-- only if we find a way past the stale ideas and stalemate of our times - only if we replace the politics of fear with the politics of hope - and only if we have the courage to choose change.

Barack Obama is the one person running for President who can bring us that change.

Barack Obama is the one person running for President who can be that change.

I love this country. I believe in the bright light of hope and possibility. I always have, even in the darkest hours. I know what America can achieve. I've seen it. I've lived it--and with Barack Obama, we can do it again.


Excerpt: Ted Kennedy's Endorsement of Barack Obama January 28, 2008

"In the civic religion that is Democratic politics, the most treasured covenant was passed to the young Senator from Illinois."
From CBS' "Early Show" Harry Smith