Saturday, December 08, 2007

"A Tongue Dipped in Unvarnished Truth"

For the very first time in my life, I feel compelled to stand up and to speak out for the man who I believe has a new vision for America, . . . I am here to tell you, Iowa, he is the one. He is the one!"

"We're all here to come together – to appreciate our uniqueness and to treasure our diversity, and we're here to evolve to a higher plane . . . The reason I love Barack Obama is because he is an evolved leader who can bring evolved leadership to our country. . . .

. . . When you listen to Barack Obama, when you really hear him, you witness a very rare thing. You witness a politician who has an ear for eloquence and a tongue dipped in the unvarnished truth...

- Oprah Winfrey ("Messianic Rhetoric Infuses Obama Rallies", by Ben Smith and David Paul Kuhn Politico Dec 9, 2007).